Scientific and practical achievements
- Dislocation models for shock wave propagation in solids.
- Bank of data of spall-strength characteristics for large volume of constructional materials on the basis of shock test experiments conducted at Fracture Physics Laboratory.
- A new experimental interferometric technique for registration of shock-wave processes which allows a real-time monitoring a dynamic response of shock-loaded materials at two scale levels simultaneously — mesoscopical and macroscopical.
- Developed at the Dynamic Fracture Physics Laboratory equipment including light gas guns and two-channel laser interferometers are supplied to Russian Federal Nuclear Center VNIIEF (Sarov), Special Materials Lmt. (Saint-Petersburg), Technical University of Wien (Austria).
- New technique for measuring a particle velocity dispersion at the mesoscopic scale level in shock-deformed solids based on the real-time laser interference technique.
- Experimental and theoretical investigation of energy exchange processes between mesoscopic and macroscopic structural levels in unsteady shock waves.
- Criteria for dynamic fracture of shock loaded materials taking into account the energy exchange between mesoscopic and macroscopic structural levels.
- Development of theoretical model for noise-induced structural transition in shock-deformed medium.
- Firstly discovered and investigated in details a shock-induced phase transition at titanium alloys from the position of influence on the spall strength of alloys. A coupling of the kinetics of phase transitions and dynamic strength of titanium alloys.
- In the frame of international grants INTAS and VOLKWAGEN, a detailed experimental investigations of crack nucleation and propagation in shock loaded constructional materials has been performed.
- Experimental studying of dynamic yielding and strength characteristics of constructional, armor and maraging steels.