Gutkin M.Yu. - Head of Department - Laboratory of Nanomaterials Mechanics and Theory of Defects
• Theory of defects in solids
• Interface phenomena in heterogeneous materials
• Description of defects within gradient elasticity and surface/interface elasticity
• Boundary-value problems for defects in bounded and composite solids
• Defect structures in growing hexagonal crystals
• Mechanics of defects in heterostructures of photonics and optoelectronics
- Honorary diploma of the Presidium of the Russian Academy of Sciences (2012).
- Certificate of honor of the St. Petersburg regional (territorial) organization of the All-Russian Trade Union of Workers of the Russian Academy of Sciences (2021).
- Prizes for scientific publications and high citation (SPbPU, 2014-2020).
- Diploma of the scientific supervisor of the winner of the 2020 competition in the nomination "Student of the Year" in the direction "Natural and technical sciences" (SPbPU, 2020).
- Laboratory of Mechanics of Nanomaterials and Theory of Defects of the Institute for Problems in Mechanical Engineering of the Russian Academy of Sciences (2017 - present, chief researcher, head of laboratory; 2008-2017, chief researcher; 1998-2008, leading researcher; 1992-1998, senior researcher; 1991-1992, researcher). - Higher School of Mechanics and Control Processes of the Institute of Physics and Mechanics of Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University (2013 - present, professor). - Institute for Advanced Data Transfer Systems of ITMO University (2014 - present, professor; 2013-2014, leading researcher). - Department of Physics of Strength and Plasticity of Materials of the Faculty of Physics and Mechanics of St. Petersburg State Polytechnic University (2005-2012, professor). - LLC “Optogan. New Technologies of Light” (2012-2014, leading researcher). - Department of Elasticity Theory of the Faculty of Mathematics and Mechanics of St. Petersburg State University (2011-2012, leading researcher). - Institute of Physical Metallurgy of the Freiberg University of Mining and Technology (Freiberg, Germany; September-December 2001, September-November 1999, researcher). - School of Mechanical Engineering at the University of Natal (Durban, South Africa; 2000-2001, senior researcher). - Laboratory of Mechanics and Materials of the Polytechnic School of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (Greece; April-July 1999, June-September 1998, researcher). - Mechanics and Mechanical Engineering Department, Michigan Technological University (Houghton, Michigan, USA; January-February 1996, researcher). - Research Group on Mechanics of Heterogeneous Solids of the Max Planck Society (Dresden, Germany; July-December 1995, researcher). - Research laboratory of the Central Research Institute of Materials (Leningrad; 1989-1991, researcher; 1987-1989, junior researcher; 1985-1987, engineer). - Group of the theory of defects of the Theoretical Department of the A.F. Ioffe Physico-Technical Institute of the Academy of Sciences of the USSR (1986-1990, post-graduate student).
OTHER PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES • Member of the Academic Council of the Institute for Problems in Mechanical Engineering of the Russian Academy of Sciences • Member of the Dissertation Council D 212.229.29 at Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University (2005-2019) • Member of the Dissertation Council D 999.069.02 at the Russian State Pedagogical University named after A.I. Herzen • Member of the Dissertation Council D 002.075.01. at the Institute for Problems in Mechanical Engineering of the Russian Academy of Sciences; Member of the Dissertation Council 07.19.00 at ITMO University • Deputy Editor-in-Chief of the journal “Reviews on Advanced Materials and Technologies”; https://reviewsamt.com/ • Chief Editor of the journal “Reviews on Advanced Materials Science” (2017-2018); http://www.ipme.ru/e-journals/RAMS/ • Member of the editorial board of the journal “Nanomaterials and Energy” (2012-2018); http://www.icevirtuallibrary.com/nme
Professor of the Higher School of Mechanics and Control Processes, Institute of Physics and Mechanics, Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University. Scientific guidance for graduate students: E.A. Rzhavtsev (2013-2017), S.A. Krasnitckii (2014-2018), D.S. Mikheev (since 2018). Lecture courses: - Introduction to the theory of defects (3rd year bachelor's degree, VI semester) - Defects in nanomaterials (4th year bachelor's degree, VII semester) - Strength and plasticity of nanocomposites (1st year master's degree, I and II semesters) - Physics of Strength and Plasticity of Nanocrystalline Metals (1st year master's degree, II semester) - Micromechanics of Strength and Plasticity (in English, 1st year master's degree, II semester).
Professor of the Institute for Advanced Data Transfer Systems, ITMO University (St. Petersburg). Scientific consulting and guidance for graduate students: A.M. Smirnov (2014-2017, consulting), M.Yu. Krauchanka (2017-2019), A.P. Chernakov (since 2018), Zh.V. Gudkina (since 2021). Lecture courses: - Micromechanics of crystals (4th year bachelor's degree, VII semester) - Nanomechanics of functional materials (2nd year of master's degree, III semester).